12 December 2009

Adventure list


It's been a bit of a downer this week, with both the kids sick, and DH having chronic back pain and endless trips to the GP over the past few weeks. My scrap desk is piled high with 'stuff' that needs organising, my christmas cards are sitting in a corner waiting for me to finish making them and I can't find my mojo.


However I took a positive step last night and make myself not so much a 'to do' list but an 'adventure' list for 2010. I picked up my sewing machine yesterday - Mum's old Elna from the 1960's - and it's in good working order, ready to work. I actually am not a sewer...yet. But I plan to change that! My list contains all the scrap and sewing projects that I want to try and at least start, if not finish, next year and I've created a word file that sits on my computer desktop. So no more scraps of paper floating around and getting lost.


I am planning to make a little mini-book, with sections, each one will be labelled "scrap book projects", "mini books" etc and each time i complete a project, I will add it to the little book and write a little about the process. I got this idea from Elise Blaha's blog - i love the idea of changing a daunting to-do list into something inspiring and tempting, with something to show for it at the end. (also thinking of making a toolbox mini-book which I can add techniques and ideas to). More and more, I'm loving the idea of creating mini books with my Zutter Bind-it-all. I love the idea from Creativity Prompt for completing mini projects, rather than just page layouts, which seem to take me hours to do. I love a quicker way of doing things.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, the time factor. Feelin' your pain lovie! I have a huge long list of possible layout topics, complete with an annotation of the appropriate photos. And it helps me to stay relatively de-stressed about "getting it done". These days I rather that I enjoy the process. I enjoy tinkering. And if it takes several sessions to get a layout finished, well I just sit back and enjoy the ride.

    However.... when you have sick kiddos, it runs you down. I hope that you soon feel back on top of everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...