27 August 2009

It's finally finished - Dad's childhood album


Incredible... I can't believe Mick's childhood album is finally finished. Completely. I've scanned the 20 pages in and ordered little 8" by 8" softcover photobooks of the final results to give as gifts to family members.
It's the first album I started and the third I've actually finished. It includes an eclectic range of techniques as I've been learning along the way. I've tried to stick to a colour theme of vintage brown, green and blue and kept patterened paper to a minimum. But I think it showcases how great stamping is in scrapbook albums.
I read a great tip in Scrapbooking Memories magazine which is - when you finish a scrapbook project, keep the leftovers for cards. A great idea as everything sort of matches and you could make several while it's still all fresh in your mind.

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I love the little details of your doodling around the postcard and oval photo and across the corner of the other photo.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog - and if I take the bookbinding class, I'll be posting feedback. I took another bookbinding class awhile back from Sue Bleiweiss, and it was great - let me know if you want more details.

    Enjoy your Bind-it-All!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project. I bet it feels good that it's finished!

    The photo in my layout you commented on, is the baby of a friend of mine (well, actually that baby is now about 18 months old). I did take a fair few photos of Jamie when he was little, but I found I was too busy in the early days being a mum, and doing all that I had to do with a newborn, that I didn't take as many as I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...