27 August 2009

Layered ink technique on recycled card

My favourite thing is to use recycled cardboard for cards which I use from boxes and packaging around the house. The paper trimmer cuts a nice line and I do the rest with a craft knife. The kraft colour is great - it dominates everything I make at the moment.

I wanted to try out a new technique of layering colours using only inks. I stamped with my handwriting stamp first in a light colour, then used a stamped image of leaves (which I'd cut out of paper but had leftover from another project) so I used it as a mask to ink over with the red. I'll need to go easy next time - it's pretty heavy when you're using coloured card. Then I stamped with my angel image.

I had already stamped the flourish (Fancy Pants designs) on top of some acetate leftover from the last project so I cut it out and stuck it on top of the card using mounted foam squares (coloured in black with a pen). The fun of this is you can run the design off the page but I decided to be more conservative this time and keep it within the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...