30 October 2009

New banner

Hey, this is a bit exciting, for someone who know next to nothing about digital scrapbooking. I created a little banner for my blog! It's a work in progress, as I learn more about digital art, but this was created very simply in Photoshop Elements, just by creating a banner size new file, (note to self: this needs to be a bit shorter!) filling it with some background paper that's free with that program, adding some text (1942 report and CK Ali's hand) and a photo and wacko-the-diddlo. The little typewriter is a pencil sharpener, made of metal with a little roller that works - that's real paper rolled in! - that cost 99cents on ebay.

I would LOVE any advice you can offer me on making banners, or digital art for blogs, or anything I can do to improve on this.

Have a great weekend xxx

1 comment:

  1. Nup. I'm so not a digi scrapper, so I'm no help at all. It looks lovely already to me.

    You are super sweet! I just read your comments on my blog. I did have thoughts of making scrapping a career a few years back. Unfortunately it is very difficult to make decent money from this craft. So I just keep it as my little hobby :). I think in the US, there's more population so people like Ali can make a little bit of profit from a popular blog as they get quite a number of hits. It'd be more difficult to do that in Australia, unless you had an international following, I think!

    Anyway, I thought it was lovely that you would even think that I could do such a thing :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...