11 October 2009

Sneak peek - Tasmin and Angus's little zoo book




I'm very excited about my current project - which is about two-thirds of the way through. I'm making a little 8" mini-album book of our first trip to the zoo a few weeks ago. I'm dead keen to get it done quickly while the babies still remember it! It's about 30 pages and this is the first album I'll have made myself - the pages are cut from buff coloured manila folders and the album itself will be bound together with my groovy new Zutter bind-it-all. I stayed up late last week practising with it and made a little notebook using recyled paper for Tasmin to draw in.
I feel like it's more a children's picture book than an album - I'm giving my clouds-and-grass stencil a flogging and paper-piecing trees, flowers, animals and sticking in ribbon, pipe cleaners, mesh, anything with texture. It seems a bit silly in a way as the babies may end up ripping it all out as we read it but I want them to have a tactile experience and to be able to touch the different surfaces.
Hope to finish it soon then I'll post the whole album up. Have a great Sunday!
Debbie :D xox

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your beautiful comments on my blog. I am loving your little album, and I love the idea of making it with manila folder pages and binding it afterwards (I haven't known of anyone with a bind-it-all up until now - better watch out, lol!)

    Oh, and yes, I've rediscovered Ali's blog recently and also love her album she did about a week in her life. Those records are my favourite type of layouts. I have it on my list of "nice to do if I get the time" projects, lol!

    Thanks again :)
    Kathie xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...