15 July 2010

new scrapbook layouts - old and new


Materials: cardstock: Fancy Pants Designs, date stamp, Staz On ink, computer printed title and jouranlling.

About a Girl:
This is one of my current favourites. I nearly always say that when I complete a new layout! I took this picture of Tas and I in December and it so perfectly explains her.

The journalling reads:
When you wake up in the morning (early, before 7am) you call out "Daddya" to pick you up. You ask us for "some-a-ya-break-far-st". You ask "I come too your door" when we want to get dressed. In the afternoon for naptime you ask "Where's my guys?" (moo-cow, Mousie, Iggle Piggle, Upsy Daisy and Lekka). You command "Stop Talking/sionging" when you want our attention.... followed by "Welcome my show" with a wide grin and flourish.

We have been keeping a journal since she was born. Whenever she says or does something interesting, it gets recorded. So it's all there for later when I'm ready to scrap the pages. Really takes the stress out of trying to remember.

I cut around the flowers to make them pop up.


And I love trying new computer fonts for titles - this one's a freebie called Taco Salad. The journalling is a free handwriting font called Pea Stacy which you can get from here.


Materials: cardstock: Fiskars, stamps: Sandylion, Fancy Pants Designs, ink: Splendor, Versacolor, paper: Graphic 45, flower embellishment: from acrylic stamp packaging, computer printed journalling.



Even Mummies Were Little Once:

This is a wonderful photo of myself (middle) with my sister (second from left), and cousins Kerry, Wendy and Karissa. It's very damaged as you can see but I've started to restore it on the computer. The tricky bit is fixing one of the faces where the damaged print on the paper has slashed it in half. I'll post it at a later date when I get it finished.

I added a little vintage child embellishment which is so perfect i think. Exactly my favourite kind of layout too!

The little flower embelly was cut out from on of my acrylic stamp collections - it wasn't really needed anymore since the stamps have all been properly stored in CD cases now. Love to recycle.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous l/os Bebbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo. I remembered it as soon as I saw it. I think it is taken in Mum and Dad's backyard (could be wrong). The layout is perfect. All the best in restoring the photo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...