06 July 2010

Scrapbook layout plus fabric scrapbook album cover

I stayed up til 2am working on this layout about Angie and his dinosaur toys. It was a fun one to do, without agonising about layout or papers like I usually do.

I tried pink stitching with red gingham which I'm very happy with. And Sassafras Lass paper.

And the little details I keep coming back to: journalling strips on vintage notepaper and the date stamp. I also used my new oil pastel crayons to colour the edges. Perfect on a child's layout.

The title I printed using Word on the computer and doddling on the edges. Too easy!


And this is the calico cover I machine stitched for my new baby niece's album, with handstitching detail. I'm pretty happy with the result. Find the tutorial here. The only thing I would add is to leave a small allowance at the top and bottom edges so you can get the album cover into the pocket!

and here is a layout I completed a week or so ago. I experimented with my new water pen using watercolours for this. Great fun. I bought this paper (Making Memories) to match my sister's dress. The edges is coloured with oil pastel crayon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debb, I just adore the album cover for Delilah's album. You are a clever clever chickie. Thanks for all the work you are doing on scanning. Manda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Glad you liked it, it's even better in real life :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...