22 August 2010

A new Angus scrapbooking layout


Materials: Cardstock: Bazzill, paper: 7 Gypsises, ink: VersaMagic, StazOn, product packaging, stamps: Fancy Pants designs, date stamp, pens: Copic and Signo, paint: Kaisercolour, Journalling prompt: Ali Edwards.

Journalling reads: When I gave you your first lolly, you looked at it suspiciously; tried to chuck it; I caught it; yo put it back in your mouth; waited; then did a shuddering action with your jaw; decided you liked it and chewed! I love you today because: you come straight over to me when I enter the room; you grab the quoit rings on their base and jump like mad, making them bounce; you love being affectionate and sitting on my lap, facing me, sometimes you bend backwards, then up again, holding my hands.

I so enjoyed doing a page about Angus. The photo was taken on Tassie's birthday and it was, at the time, a rare occassion that he looked at me for the photo - a bit reluctantly as you can see! Since then I've taken quite a few more pics, and many with him even smiling, but there was something about the photo that I loved. The layout is a scraplift from an Ali Edwards page I saw (from her book: Life Artist) and wanted to try. I sandpapered the red cardstock to mess it up a bit, and added staples, hearts, the little 'a' and some paint splatters to add some texture. I love trying to keep the design simple without being boring or two dimensional.

I have two more layouts I'm waiting to upload but having a lot of trouble getting a good photo. The winter sun has appeared today, so I'll try again. I have all this afternoon in the study for creating, woo hoo! I have some more photos of my little niece Delilah waiting to be scrapped.


Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...