28 September 2009

Grandma's holiday scrapbooks from my childhood







I was so delighted to pull out some of Grandma's old holiday books last night. Naturally I scanned them in at the first opportunity and uploaded them on to my Facebook page. I feel better knowing that they're "safe" in cyber space and free from moths, fires, floods and burglars. I'm terrified of losing any of my precious photos or mementos from the past. Reading through my books made me feel incredibly grateful that Grandma took the time and care to make them for me, my sister and cousins over the years to remember our annual Christmas visits to Melbourne. We travelled all the way from Darwin so we usually didn't see her more often than once a year. She's gone now but I think of her often and know she had a strong impact on my life. She is probably the one who influenced me to be a collector of articles, pictures and stories, years before I found scrapbooking. I wonder if she would be a scrapbooker today, in the way that I am?

3 comments:

  1. Wow Debbie - great layouts, photos and love those flowers you made. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful old books Debbie! My granny used to keep scrapbooks too and we always loved looking through them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special treasure you have there. Scrapbooking sure has come a long way! It's so sweet of your grandmother to have documented those things for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...