20 September 2009


I had such fun creating these new pages yesterday in Kathie Link's class as Seriously Scrapbooking. This is the first scrapbooking class I've taken (other than the Creative Memories workshop I tried last year which really got me started on scrapbooking). What a new concept - cutting out images from patterned papers to create scenes. I've seen Kathie's work in Scrapbooking Memories magazine but it all looked a bit complicated. It really pays to do a class as it gets you thinking about the techniques and having a go raises your confidence. I bought a little tool which distresses the edge of the paper - it's actually a thread cutter. It was purple, luckily, my fave colour LOL ;-).

I looked at some more of kathie's work on her blog http://kathielink.blogspot.com/ which is really worth a visit. Now it's got me thinking very differently about how I'm going to tackle the babies' albums. Initially I'd thought I'd try and cram as many photos in as I could. But.. as there will be 60 pages in each album, won't it be MUCH more fun to focus on one or two photos per page instead. And have more fun doing the scrapbooking. Thanks Kathie! I am one happy customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...