12 September 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Mothers Day was actually back in May but I felt inspired to do this page for Mum as we've just had Fathers Day. I actually did a similar layout for her and copied it so I could have one for my album. This is the first page I have completed for my 2009 album and I know it's a bit late but you have to start somewhere!

I love using recyled leftovers and the mesh is leftover from florist bouquets I'd been given - yep, I keep everything, even when I have no idea what I'll need it for! - the paper flower is made from a strip of tissue paper (also recyled) and the music sheet is a copy of the one I keep using lately, that I'd bought second hand in an op shop. I love combining text and music on my layouts. And I'm also crazy about doodling so that's appearing on everything at the moment.

Here's a very very cool trick I discovered by accident. We only uploaded Photoshop Elements 7.0 a month or so ago so I'm still getting used to the new features. I had been using version 2.0 so was quite behind. I scanned the page in two parts on my little scanner and found a great feature called 'photomerge' and the program put my page back together again, perfectly. Wow. I thought I'd be fiddling for half and hour to do it manually. Love Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...