12 January 2010

Past family treasures

Each year in the bushfire season I worry about the family photo albums. Even used to have an idea I would grab several albums and put them in the car, before evacuating! But since having two babies, plus the cat to consider, it's obvious this would never do.

So. This year I decided to do something. Following our crazy heatwave in Adelaide this past week, of temperatures over 40degrees C, I decided it was time to enact the master plan, and commence scanning photos from albums. This will be a massive task when you consider all the pre-digital photo days. There's a fair few photos in this category, not all in albums either. My sister looks after several albums and photo bundles from our Darwin childhood days, so I will gradually scan in photos from her collection, then mine. We're doing regular back ups to the hard drive at the moment, too, so at least we can grab that if and when the time comes. I hope it never does.

I love the chance to look at these photos, some of which I don't even remember seeing before. I am gonna have so much fun scrapping them, but I have to remember, this is the babies' year, and I really want to get their baby albums done first. Mine can wait, although it might be fun to start on a few during the year. Plus I love the idea of combining my old photos with ones of the babies to compare how similar we look! I love seeing this in the work of other scrappers.

me with Dad
me with Mum
me with Dad (on the flower power sheets he remembered)
me in yellow bonnet
me with Dad
me with Grandma, bless her

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...