13 September 2010

Keeping it simple - new scrapbook layouts

This is one of my favourite layouts so far. I've always loved the look of white paint on Kraft cardstock - it's perfect for a soft look. My sister loved this layout of her baby daughter Delilah so much she's asked me to make another to frame.

materials: Bazzill cardstock, white card, muslin, fabric, button, embroidery thread, StazOn ink, date stamp, Making Memories foam stamps, white Signo gel pen, Kaisercraft white paint.

I think it's important to keep pages minimal when you really want to highlight the photo. I made this print black and white when I was unhappy with the original bland colours (which can distract from the image) and WOW! The little embellishment is cut from Grant Archival's scrapbook album packaging. I love that little emblem. The foam flowers were pinched from my daughter's craft stash.

Materials: Bazzill cardstick, Grant Archival packaging, foam flowers, StazOn ink, date stamp, stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...