13 September 2010

Off the page projects

T-shirt fun. A simple koala image, with a circle around it and the baby's name and imprinted on the fabric with an iron-on transfer. Easy! I even added some french knots. My sister's husband needed a gift for a new baby so I was only too happy to help out.



It's only taken me three years to figure out what to do with Tassie's birth cards. There were so many, they were all lovely and of course there was no way I was throwing them out. I did consider punching a square out of each one as I do with Christmas cards. But then the little comments would be lost. So I laid them all out on a blanket and took a photo. Then I got out my Zutter bind-it-all and made them into a book. Easy! And Tassie really likes it.





For Mum's birthday back in June I got all my favourite photos together for the first half of the year - many of which she is in too - and punched holes in them with my bind-it-all. Each month is preceded with a title so you know it's April, May etc. I covered the front and back covers with fabric and used rings to make a book (didn't have Zutter rings quite big enough for such a hefty book). I used rub-ns for the title (Treasures 2010). Mum loves the result and naturally wants another for Christmas. Another easy gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...