11 April 2010

Photo freedom my way

I was reading a bit about Julian Stacy's Photo Freedom system on Monica's blog Life Without Filters while I was web surfing rather late last night and felt inspired to have another go at last year's photos. I still feel as compelled as ever to record those stories but needed the simplest way of doing it. So I've printed thumbnail versions of all the photos month by month, then filled a calender with notes of what happened on each day (I've done three months so far). From this I plan to make a single or double layout of each month in an Ali-style grid layout. There was a happy unexpected bonus in all of this. I could see clearly the one or two layouts I was inspired to make for the babies' albums for the month I've started with (September). Ha! There is method in the madness.

I'm currently enjoying the simple layout styles over at Write Click Scrapbook. Telling and recording stories is so important for me. I like the idea of having separate albums: an arty one for me, a scrapbook layout album for the babies, and a straight photo/story 12" album for the everyday stuff. (Thank you 365 project for telling my stories every day. so quick. so easy!) There are loads of other projects which I'm deliberately not mentioning so my head doesn't spin right off.

Tomorrow Mum is coming over and she is going to select some of her favourite childhood photos (I've scanned them all in) which I'll use as the basis of a small heritage 6"x6" mini album for her birthday. No pressure...June!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...