06 May 2010

day five - nothing

Oh dear. I'm afraid I came unstuck yesterday. It's been a long rainy week, this week, and very challenging having both babies sick, the husband away from Monday til Friday, daycare cancelled on Tuesday, shopping skipped. I've been trying my hardest to keep my head above water and to top it all off, I received some rather harsh criticism last night that's really got me questioning myself. I didn't get to sleep til after 2am then had to be up again at 6am. Tasmin's always been an early riser. So there you have it. It's back to the drawing board.

Anything to be grateful for yesterday?

Well Mum came over late morning to play with Tasmin, which gave me prep time for my teaching job. Thanks Mum. And my 7 months pregnant sister came over at 4pm to feed the babies and put them to bed while I went off to work. So yes, I'm grateful for her. And third, I'm grateful that I took the time to call the police on my way to work to report a broken down car. There was a very long line of traffic banked up behind it, and the driver's wife was holding a tiny baby as she stood on the road beside the car, halfway up a steep hill, on a blind corner with no footpath, and cars crossing the double line in order to get home. A great recipe for a head on collision. No one else had called it in. I followed my instinct and you can't ask for more than that.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for calling in the broken down car. As a Mum you know yourself how grateful you would be for help. I so wished I'd called out the other day when I saw a car backing up and through they were getting too close to the car behind. Silly me didn't say anything and they hit the car. I've learned from this to speak up next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...