04 May 2010

layout number 3 - fathers day 09

After my Dad passed on last year, I got angry with myself thinking of all the things that I didn't do, could have done, should have done. For some reason, I didn't take any photos this particular day - which turned out to be our last Fathers Day with my Dad. But I've been learning that you don't need to be limited by photos when scrapping stories, and for this layout I used the scans of the fathers day cards.

Materials: Black paper unknown, Zig Writer, Jewellery Bitz, Versa Colour Ink, Stitching, mod podge, cardboard from old box, date stamp, Staz On ink, Signo gel pen, Bella! tag.

Journalling reads: Everyone came over to our house for lunch on Fathers Day - Manda and Mike brought Dad, and Mum came too. So grateful Dad was able to come, thought it wasn't easy for him. We all watched the 10 minute slideshow I'd made based on the album of Dad's early life story - but it included recent photos. The card I made is based on one of his favourite sayings. heart u Dad xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...