10 May 2010

Something! Mothers Day 'edible blooms'

For ages I've been wanting to make 'edible blooms' - which aren't really, as my husband (holding the bouquest for me) points out. These little flowers are just made with the Fiskars scallop circle punch,and I punched coloured tissue paper while it was folded to make several scallops at once. I then just added a brad to the centre and fluffed the paper up a bit.

You can find more about it here.

Then I stuck them on to a wooden skewer. The chocolates are spiked with the skewers and then added into the bunch. I added bits of green paper to look like leaves and it does kinda sorta look like a bunch of flowers! I always keep the wrapping from bouquets when I receive them so I had some handy to use.

Mum seemed pretty happy. All the pics from Mothers Day will be posted at Scrap Happy Valley shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...