27 May 2010

Two new scrapbooking page layouts

I seem to have found my mojo again today. Hooray! I did a whole new layout today, which proves that I CAN do a quick layout - it is possible! It's a little hard to see in this scan, but the Bazzill cardstock is the natural cream colour which I love. I can really imagine using this more. I had fun with some green handmade paper I had in my stash and I printed my font straight on to it on the printer then cut it out. It's a pretty shiny paper which you can't quite see in the scan. I used a little scallop circle at the top to highlight the colour.

Since printing these photos I've also learnt to increase the dpi when photoshopping the photos to a smaller size to keep the resolution quality. It had been set quite low to 72 so I've increased it to 400. May replace these photos with new prints. The little tissue paper flower was a leftover from the 'Edible Blooms' I made Mum. The hearts were made by drawing on white cardstock with white crayon as a resist then covering over with paint. Easy!


I had a bit of fun trying this text flower, tutorial here. Obviously I need a bit more practise, LOL! I painted a little die cut frame I had with orange paint, then went over it with Crackle Medium. I used a little ink to highlight the crackle. I need a lot more practise to work out how to make big giant cracks, which I prefer. I might post some close up pics tomorrow if I remember.


I'm off to Melbourne on Saturday so one thing I need to do tomorrow to get ready is put the letters from my grandfather, Frank Middleton Risk, (to my grandmother Jessie, during World War II) into an album, so they can be returned to my auntie. Ian scanned them all in for me this week, what a legend! Luckily he did it before the bug got him (he's really under the weather today).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...