05 May 2010

day four - your first steps

I was up until 12.30am finishing this one last night, but at least it wasn't 3 or 4am as I've been known to do in the past! I was listenening to an audio book at the same time, which I've never done before, but a great way to read books while scrapping. It's Never Let Me Go by Kasuo Ishuguru. I'm halfway through.

This layout is a scraplift based on this layout by Kathie Link. It's soooo fabulous. I was so happy with the way it turned out, even though Kathie's original is based on a Cropaholic kit she designed for Shop and Crop. It's definitely worth putting in the time on layouts sometimes, as I think I'll treasure this for years to come, and so will Tasmin hopefully!

Techniques learned:
I learned a lot, from having to improvise. I used a resist technique for the hot pink heart flower, by drawing on white cardstock with white crayon then dry brush painting over. When it was dry I applied Pod Podge to seal it. I made the green mat for the photo by using blue ink to stamp an image around the edges, so it looks like a patterned paper. I used orange ink to colour the hearts, then stamped in pink over the top with a flower design. Pretty effective, eh? The curled paper at the bottom is inked underneath to look like double sided paper. I used a paint brush to help roll the papers. Also, one of Kathie's techniques I love is the way she chooses coloured cardstock for the layout's border, but then a more neutral colour for the background. I never would have considered using the paper I did, normally, as it looks really plain on its own. But it works, somehow!

Materials: K&C Company green cardstock; paper: Grant Archival, Bella!, Heidi Grace Designs, Kaisercraft, Sassafras Lass Monstrosity; ink: Splendor, Versa Color; yellow foam cut for flower; brads; Kaisercraft paint; white crayon; stamps: Inkadinkado, Fancy Pants Designs; pen: Zig Writer; buttons and stitching.

Journalling: The story: 1. in the morning, you simply picked up the remote control and took your first steps, walking towards the TV! 2. That day we took Ga out for Yum Cha (early Fathers Day treat). 3. Neighbours Steve and Desiree moved in and 4. Peter's 6th birthday, where the photo was taken.

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good. They say that scraplifting is the highest form of flattery ;), so thank you! I'm glad that I could inspire you to create something you love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...